- To professionally qualify teachers in the field of English Language Teaching.
- To contribute to the process of the teaching and learning of the English language at the secondary level in Guatemala.
- To develop and secure in the graduate the ELT abilities and skills, general attitudes and habits, and values that permit him/her to respond with commitment, conviction, and dedication to the English language needs of the Guatemalan student population.
PROFILE OF THE ELT TEACHERS
- Applies language concepts, structures, and conventions of the English language in the teaching / learning context.
- Creates an effective and efficient ELT learning environment.
- Promotes and enhances student's English language development based on the processes of first- and second-language acquisition.
- Plans and implements effective classroom instruction using appropriate ELT methods and techniques.
- Facilitates the English language student's learning of academic content, language, and culture.
- Uses assessment results to plan and adapt instruction.
- Facilitates the learner's English communication and appreciation for his/her own culture.
- Reflects upon and improves instructional practice by keeping abreast of current instructional techniques, research results, and advances in the field.
- General Education.
- English Language Education.
- Meaningful learning with emphasis on interactive learning in pairs and groups.